How can we help?
On January 4, 2010, the ERCB launched their EPAP initiative to raise the level of assurance over compliance with the ERCB's measurement and reporting requirements. Accompanying the launch of EPAP is the new Directive 076: Operator Declaration Regarding Measurement and Reporting Requirements. This directive is concerned with the processes and controls operators have in place and their effectiveness to ensure compliance when it comes to their operations.
Our goal at Zedi is to ensure you have easy access to information about EPAP and how to most effectively implement it in your organization. As a Zedi customer, you are already down the path toward implementing effective controls with:
- automated data collection devices, like Smart-Alek, Zedi EFM Walk-up and Zedi Connect,
- automated transfer of production data between Zedi Access, Zedi Vital and PetroNet,
- as well as with process and control management software, Roughneck.
To find out more about how Zedi can help you more easily manage your EPAP requirements, please contact us.
Beginning January 2011, Directive 076 makes it mandatory that operators declare the state of their infrastructure (i.e., controls) in ensuring compliance with ERCB measurement and reporting requirements. Here are some resources and tools to help you get started:
How can our devices and software help you with EPAP?
Zedi devices and software help reduce your risk of non-compliance and decrease your need for controls. We have designed the following video training modules to show you how.
- How Roughneck Lowers the risks of noncompliance, May 2010 – Review four noncompliance events and examples of how Roughneck can help establish and manage control processes for ERCB compliance.
- Managing Risks of Non-compliance with Dry Flow Chart Recorders, April 2010 – We take you through an in-depth look into common non-compliant areas with dry flow chart recorders and various options to better ensure auditing compliance with ERCB directives and requirements.
- Zedi Solutions for EPAP: How Zedi Access simplifies control processes for compliance, March 2010 – Review several high risk events and examples of how Zedi Access can help simplify the process for ERCB compliance.
- Preparing for EPAP Implementation, December 2009 – Understand the key components of EPAP and what tips and tools can help get you started.
Additional Services – Assessment of your Controls for EPAP Declaration
Beginning January 2011, Directive 076 (EPAP) makes it mandatory that operators declare the state of their infrastructure (i.e., controls) in ensuring compliance with ERCB measurement and reporting requirements.
Zedi has two additional programs to help you through this assessment in order to make your declaration:
EPAP Education Sessions
To help you better understand the impact of EPAP in your organization, Zedi has designed an education program that looks more deeply into EPAP including the terminology, intentions and importantly the requirements of the program for your organization. This course is designed to help you understand what makes a good assessment for EPAP and how to get started.
The material is presented in easy to understand terms and provides a blueprint for ongoing compliance. You will leave feeling more familiar with the EPAP program stages leading up to the declaration and understand the concepts of continuous control assessment, audit and improvement.
This information session will cover:
- who needs to be involved from your organization, what is expected from producers, and how to prepare the necessary plans that will result in a smooth declaration and enhanced measurement process efficiencies,
- potential impact to producers of the ERCB’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) position,
- levels of objectivity required for control assessment and audit judgments,
- audit sampling basics including sizing and documentation,
- overview of reasonableness and diligence from an audit perspective,
- how the Zedi Measurement Assessment Program toolset can make the actual electronic EPAP declaration easier for each compliance theme,
- general pointers and advice from a certified systems auditor regarding what to expect and how to work with Production Audit Team (PAT) auditors at the ERCB.
- Taking Action on EPAP (Phase 1), September 2010 – Taking Action with EPAP.
- Preparing for EPAP Implementation, September 2009 by Marci Andrews, Zedi – How Zedi Can Help You with EPAP.
To sign your company up for an information session or to get more information, please contact us.
Zedi Measurement Assurance Program
Zedi’s Measurement Assurance Program offers expertise and structure to assess your controls so that you can make your EPAP declaration.
Poor operational controls can lead to non-compliance and to measurement and reporting errors, resulting in higher operational costs. Zedi’s team of experts can help operators not only increase compliance, but also reduce operating costs. Zedi Measurement Assurance experts have extensive measurement experience working for producers in the WCSB and working as production accountants.
With time and resources being precious, the structured process of Zedi’s Measurement Assurance Program will not only perform evaluations with the required and appropriate level of objectivity, but also:
- ensure that all processes are transparent, tested and documented,
- ensure compliance with regulations,
- focus on value when preparing and implementing a remediation plan for control deficiencies,
- plan for declaration deadline.
More Information on Zedi Measurement Assurance Program
To better understand how our Measurement Assurance Experts can help you, please contact us.
We watch the ERCB website for important information that you may find helpful. Here is a list of important documents from the ERCB:
- EPAP Executive Briefing – A two page, ERCB-produced document to get your executives up to speed with EPAP requirements.
- EPAP Directive 076 – The published directive from the ERCB. The full text of the declaration with its attachments is included as Appendix I.
- Operator Handbook – A resource guide provided by the ERCB to better understand their expectations for EPAP, what to consider in designing controls and evaluating their effectiveness, how to make your declaration and how to use the ERCB's Compliance Assessment reports to identify and track issues.
- EPAP related Non-Compliance Events – There are 74 non-compliance events provided by the ERCB related to EPAP. These non-compliance events, including if they are considered high or low risk, can be found in the Field Surveillance and Operations Branch/Technical Operations Group section (beginning on page 12).
For more information regarding EPAP, please contact us.
PDF file formats must be viewed with Adobe Reader.
Download a free version.
Training for Results
Our training programs give you a thorough understanding of the Zedi topic and an action plan for success.
More about support